|||+61 7 4152 1888|
|||22 Clayton Rd, Thabeban QLD 4670, Australia|
|||To learn more|
Frank Coulthard Oval bears the name of the founding father of AFL in Bundaberg Mr Frank Coulthard. Frank and Gwen were local business operators running the GFC Store (mixed groceries, take away etc) on Dunn Road. Frank later became an alderman (councillor) and so did Gwen. The grouds were a grant from the state government for the purpose of sporting faciities to the Bundaberg AFL in 1974.
In 1975 the grounds were still bushland and trees so the grounds were plowed up. The Souths AFL Club would meet at the grounds and walk up and down the patch of dirt picking up sticks and burning them, have a BBQ and go home black from the dirt. They continued this for several weeks.